TC Chevy Dealership Goes Solar with Stracker Solar
Five elevated Strackers will provide clean energy for Ashland’s TC Chevy, making the successful business the first solar-powered auto dealership in Southern Oregon
TC Chevy, the leading electric vehicle dealer in Southern Oregon, is going solar. And not just with any solar solution! The management of the iconic auto dealership, which has been serving customers since 1985, chose Stracker Solar to install their most state-of-the-art elevated solar trackers.
“We believe in cutting-edge technology,” says Derek DeBoer, 3rd generation Owner/Operator of TC Chevy. “Our cars and trucks feature the latest designs and manufacturing practices, and we wanted a solar power system that does the same. The fact that the Strackers are the most efficient and impressive solar solution currently available has sealed the deal.”
Each of the five dual-axis solar trackers that will tower above the vehicles at the dealership will carry an array of 28 Longi 445W bifacial solar panels atop its 20 ft pole. They will sport high-power LED display lighting for the illumination of the display lot. The complete five-Stracker system will produce 140,000 kWh solar power per year, which means an annual 99.2 metric tons of carbon dioxide reduction in the atmosphere. This impressive number is equivalent to the carbon sequestered by 117 acres of US forests every year.
“We are very aware of the local sentiment towards clean energy and sustainability,” adds DeBoer. “We thought it was time that an auto dealership goes beyond just selling electric vehicles and takes the lead in implementing clean energy measures.”
Jeff Sharpe, Founder and CEO of Stracker Solar is excited about the upcoming installation. “We are delighted to finally proceed with this project after unprecedented Pacific Power and supply chain delays,” says Sharpe. “And how fun to have a new flock of Strackers at the dealership that sells the most electric cars in Southern Oregon!”
Site work is starting on the premises in early August, with trenching and laying conduit for the solar trackers. The installation of the Strackers is planned for late August.
About Stracker Solar:
– Stracker Solar manufactures, sells, and installs state-of-the-art elevated dual-axis solar trackers.
– Strackers are the most robust, highest efficiency solar power systems available, generating up to 70% more solar energy each year than same-sized fixed rooftop, carport, or ground-mount systems. This efficiency translates to a 55%-65% lower carbon footprint as well.
– Stracker’s 20′ pole-mounting allows continued use of the grounds below, which makes the system ideally suited for parking lots, agricultural operations, school yards, community solar projects, and more.
– Strackers are developed and manufactured in Ashland, Oregon, and are documenting unparalleled performance across a variety of northern California and southern Oregon climates.
– Strackers carry the valued UL 3703 certification and qualify for Energy Trust of Oregon incentives.