Higher Ed Response
University of Oregon
On Wednesday, the University of Oregon announced all their classes will be taught remotely for 3 weeks beginning March 30 (the first day after their Spring Break ends).
Oregon State University
Oregon State University “Effective Saturday, March 14, OSU will move to a higher level of response that continues the essential operations of the university, but seeks to reduce the frequency of interactions among students, faculty, staff and visitors throughout all university campuses, centers, facilities and operations. Our focus is on continued university operations and social distancing.“
Effective March 14, 2020:
- Campuses and OSU facilities and operations statewide will remain open.
- Winter term finals week exams and activities will be delivered remotely where possible. Where remote teaching, coursework and testing is not possible, maximum social distancing measures will be utilized.
- University academic and remote meeting tools, including Canvas and Zoom, will be used to minimize in-person meetings.
- All non-essential OSU-sponsored travel will be suspended.
- All OSU employees will be encouraged to work remotely where work responsibilities and duties allow.
- All OSU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to avoid personal travel over spring break. Students should instead consider remaining at our campuses in Corvallis and Bend.
- We are taking these immediate steps while OSU employees and students prepare to take expanded public health measures at the start of spring term.
Effective March 30, 2020:
- All of the above actions are maintained.
- All spring term courses, labs and exams will be delivered remotely, where possible. Where remote teaching, coursework and testing is not possible, maximum social distancing measures will be utilized.
- Until at least April 30, no non-essential OSU-sponsored events of more than 50 attendees will be permitted. All events with fewer than 50 attendees will be held with maximum social distancing.
The status of these measures will be evaluated every two weeks.
Southern Oregon University
Southern Oregon University has published the following on their homepage and provides a link to a page with information about Personal Safety, Campus Notification, Community Safety, and Travel Guidance.
Southern Oregon University is working proactively with local and state health agencies to protect the health and well-being of all students and employees, and to provide timely information for all members of the campus community. SOU’s Campus Notifications resource page is being updated as new information emerges regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Leave a Comment